Monday, May 26, 2008

it's a bank holiday monday

It's raining, it's windy, it's grey its horrid. Must be a bank holiday.

I had a few plans for this weekend but honestly there is no point.

I've put my feet up and finished Stephen Booth's Dying for Sin **** (the Fry and Cooper books are worth getting).

I have the radio on the cricket and I'm about to start PG Wodehouse's Right Ho, Jeeves.

Oh it was Sir John Lubbock in 1871 who introduced legislation to establish Bank Holidays. Lubbock was a cricket fan and believed that bank employees should have the opportunity to participate in and attend matches when they were scheduled. Which explains why so many bank holidays are in the cricket season. Emmintently reasonable to me.

3 comments:

ST said...

sunny up here all day.unusually for a bank holiday.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'll second that - glorious day oop north, apart from the gale force winds.

Mo said...

I spent Sunday and Monday afternoons sunbathing in the garden. Back to normal today though - rain!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.