Saturday, November 18, 2006

There is an outside

Well after it chucked it down yesterday it was bright and sunny today so I decided I had enough of four walls.

I first went to Bishops Stortford as I wanted to get hold of the 2007 editions of Hudson's Historic Houses and the Daily Telgraph Good Gardens Guide. Hudson's is the bible for the visitor to historic houses, it contains all the open houses with opening dates and times and facilities. The Telegraph book does something similar for gardens and has some ratings - with which I don't always agree. Will have to try Epping next week.

Went on to Rye Meads. Very quiet but when you've seen nothing for weeks common ducks, moorhens and coots have an appeal. Makes you appreciate how attracitve Blue Tits are. A few Common Gulls about and the Fox was about.

I've decided that i want to visit Hay-On-Wye next year and will amalgamate with a trip to Buckinghamshire. This will be in May, annoyingly West Wycombe Park doesn't open until June but there are loads of places in Bucks to visit.

I won't see as many birds next year as my holidays will be less bird orientated as I'll be avoiding the coast, with the exception of two long weekends in Norfolk.

Did some changes to my fantasy footy team and guess what two players I dropped scored. Kicks floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found the outside again.
I spent some time today (on a walking the dog typs trip) at Osterley.
Watching the Canada Geese, the RN Parakeets and 2 Greylag geese. (Obviously there were other birds) but these just caught my eye.My friend Anna, who now has bird feeders and stuff in her garden was really taken by the greylags...she said she couldn't remember seeing them before. Makes you look again at birds you sometimes take for granted!!

Corinna

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.