Saturday, November 11, 2006

Is there a Spielberg Western on BBC2?

One of the "joys" of being off work is day time TV. I have at least managed to avoid the trashy programs like Trisha.

There seem to be loads of shows where members of the public try and sell there antiques. One such is Cash in the Attic. The idea is that an "expert" goes around your house finding stuff you can take to auction to raise the money you NEED for that special purchase.

On Monday an elderly Mother was raising money to send her daughter and best friend to a Health and Beauty Spa. She needed to raise a £1000 ooh the tension!! Well there was none, for a start the Mother and Daughter often visited the Spa so they obviously had a bob or two. The daughter was that type of woman who thinks she is twenty years younger, undeniably "good looking" for her age but dressed like she was 25 not 50. The fact that they easiy "found" £2500 stuff just went to show they were well off. Struck me as an exercise is self grandisement.

David "perma tan" Dickinson has a new show where members of the public there goods to experts who make them an offer or they can go for Auction. I did chuckly at the expert who offered £25 for two Moorcroft vases "well they've got some damage" which subsequently went for a lot more. Should have stuck to Bargain Hunt Dave.

There is the odd good film and program and its not really any worse than the rubbish fed to us at night.

The other thing is for some reason I think BBC 2 have a Spielberg Western on tonight. I mention it because if the BBC do yet ANOTHER advert for it I'm writing a disgusted of Tonbridge Wells!!

4 comments:

Boo said...

I did warn you! Daytime tv nearly turned you into a vegetable. Hubby has it on all the time, drives me potty.

As to "Cash in the Attic", they wouldn't have filmed it if there wasn't anything worth selling!

Anonymous said...

The BBC really overdoes the programme trailers these days - so much so that they succeed in putting me off a some programmes before they've even been broadcast!

Having watched six episodes of "Deadwood" on DVD, I must say that the actors in Spielberg's "Into the West" look a little too clean and respectable.

flicker said...

I can't stand to watch anything with David "I've been tangoed" Dickinson in it. Shame because I quite like the antique type programmes, but he just makes my flesh crawl!

Anonymous said...

I second Boo - well we know first hand as it's the same crew who filmed us when we did Car Booty - they ask what stuff you want to sell ideally with a speciality in something or theme they can concentrate on, and then of course when they come round they're not going to waste time looking for stuff around your house, you've already got it to hand and they film it as if they've just found it, hmmm...that's a nice teddy bear we've just found in your bathroom cabinet...

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.