Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Vino Veritas

Well nice to see Jan & Tony last night. We polished off 3 bottles of white wine.

English - Flint Dry, Chapel Down. Very nice **** I'll try this again. £6.99 from Waitrose
Portuguese - Vinho Verde. Again rather nice *** another I'll add to my drink list . From Waitrose on offer. Can't remember what I paid, say a fiver
Chilean - Sauvignon Blanc. An old favourite **** £6.99 from Tesco

all were drinkable and decent value.

The New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc £7.99 from Tesco which was what I was drinking last week - ****

I've been trying to read Alan Tennant's book about migrating Peregrine's in North America but finally gave up yesterday, god it was dull. I've decided to read Sir Walter Scott's Ivanhoe. Not sure I'm going to finish that either!

3 comments:

nicola said...

Sounds like a nice evening pete! Still trying to think of the english wine that I have had. Maybe a trip to sainsburys will remind me!

Cherrypie said...

I'm with you on the Marlborough.

I do perhaps wonder if you'd have more success if the page you were reading stopped spinning ;)

flicker said...

Can't beat a nice drop of Portugese Rose, it's the only wine I really like. If I drank a whole bottle in one night though, I would fall over, and I certainly wouldn't have been posting on here at daybreak this morning. ;)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.