Monday, April 01, 2024

Around the neighbourhood

I see the British weather is playing true to form. One day nice the next poor.

I need to head to a National Trust property to find a hot cross scone. I think my best chance is Anglesey Abbey as Ickworth seems to have given up on Scone of the month. Flatford no doubt has them but is probably still a bit damp.

Anyway Chiffchaffs were about before I left for Venice and I have seen Brimstone, Peacock and Comma butterflies. 

The Mallards are getting a little frisky and the coots territorial.




















We have 4 Canada Geese at New Hall. I wonder if they are two pairs?






No foals yet.  This is one of last years.










Hopefully we'll get some more settled weather soon.


1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

I always enjoy seeing what you have spotted on your local walks Pete. Hope you can get hold of a Hot Cross Scone :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.