Monday, February 13, 2023

Local wildlife

 Well the temperature has warmed up today and the sun has come out! Of course it is half term ARGH! Anyway I picked the camera up and went for a wander






There have been 5 Moorhen on the split pond all winter. They fly sometimes when it is iced over but 5 return! 




When you are a walk from home birder Canada Goose is an unusual find! I had seen Yellowhammers and Little Egret before it!! 







So my walk from home list is now 41 I have not seen a Greenfinch yet! Nor have  I seen a single winter finch all winter! 

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful bird photos Pete. Ugh I am afraid I had forgotten it was half term! You've seen more bird species than me this year!

The Quacks of Life said...

thank you!

I know .... people!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.