Thursday, August 09, 2018

This & That

The intense period of heat ended yesterday.... it was still a lovely day.... but for the first time in ages I actually slept UNDER the duvet! Rather nice really! 

This morning it is actually a bit cool! and it is raining! Neither of these bother me and the garden and our wildlife could do with a bit of rain.... 

As regular readers know I visit a lot of gardens and one thing that has surprised me just how few butterflies I've seen. In Norfolk I saw a few Painted Ladies which was excellent but I've seen so few Comma, Peacock and Red Admirals. There are lots of whites about but there seem to be fewer of other species. Am I the only one finding that?

I seem to have stopped reading! I'm not sure what caused that. When I was in Norfolk I seemed to lose appetite and wonder if it is all down to the heat! My appetite came back so I am hoping that I fine my enthusiasm to read soon as well! 

After last weekends total blow out I need to go somewhere! So where is the question.....

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Not seen nearly as many flutters as previously.. hardly seen any peacocks which are normally so common

Hope your reading mojo soon returns..I know that feeling 😔

Ragged Robin said...

Much cooler here too :) As you say there are a lot "whites" about and we are seeing the usual Holly Blues and Speckled Woods in the garden plus Gatekeepers. But in the garden and elsewhere there are very few Red Admirals or Peacocks and I don't remember seeing any Painted Ladies or Small Tortoiseshell.

Hope you get your appetite back for books soon :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.