Monday, August 06, 2018

Normal Service will be resumed


The heat has got to me! I couldn’t face wandering around in the heat this weekend so I did VERY hence the lack of blog activity. The weather is meant to change with temperatures reaching normal levels….. and even if the promised rain shows up I will be out somewhere!

I did book a holiday next March in Venice which is something to look forward to!

My next holiday is to Guernsey, a place I feel very comfortable in. I have to admit a mild panic when I realised I had somehow booked the hire car for the wrong week !! I phoned Europcar up expecting to get fleeced but it was all handled very smoothly and will cost me £28. Which to be honest I deserve for being so flipping stupid.

I expect I will revisit a few old faves on Guernsey (I love going out to places like Fort Grey) but I really MUST visit the La Vallette Underground Military Museum, The German Underground Hospital and the German Occupation Museum…. Victor Hugo’s House is closed in 2018 ARGH! So I doubt I’ll be getting out to the other islands this trip. I have my travel guide sat ready for study and really must do an itinerary! I expect to be driving the car, parking up, walking along a bay…. Having a coffee and a crab sandwich and then walking back. Of course I will probably find it rains for five days 😊

Now excuse me I'm off to plan.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

So hoping here too it goes cooler soon! Too hot to want to do anything at all except sit in the shade or by a fan and read!

So looking forward to reading about your Guernsey holiday - enjoy the planning :)

Take care.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.