Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Upton House

So I left Hidcote and where to?

I've been to Upton House many times BUT they have a special event on this year!

Upton was owned by the family who formed Shell and they had a merchant bank as well. When WWII broke out the merchant bank was moved to Upton. The NT have for this season presented the house as it was during the war..... I might add it is a really good way to present the house!
























and another Painted Lady!


















































2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Love how they've dressed the house and so pleased to see Quacks with a scone.. glad you had some sun... unlike our visit 5 year's ago!!

Ragged Robin said...

Ooh! I do love Upton House and Gardens - the volunteers are lovely there too and I'll never forget the Strawberry and Cream sponge we had there! Good to see "the" bathroom again as well :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.