Thursday, July 23, 2015

Two City of London Churches

I was in London for a meeting so I slipped a camera in my pocket and as I walked from the tube station  popped into two churches and took some snaps.

Both feature in the book and yes I visited them years ago....

St Stephen Walbrook has a saxon foundation but was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. It was rebuilt by Christopher Wren and damaged during the blitz. The large altar was carved by Henry Moore..

The Starbuck is incongruous don't you think?











Royal Exchange


Detail from top of Bank of England.




St Margeret Lothbury is another church destroyed by the Fire and rebuilt by Wren.






2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely ceiling in the first church. Shame about Starbucks :(

Tricia Ryder said...

Love the police box.. Surprised Starbucks got through planning! !

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.