Friday, November 07, 2014

City Squirrels

I was in London today for my appraisals and I actually got a lunch break!  The appraisal was near St Paul's so I went for a wander. I am always surprised that there are squirrels in the churchyard. There were a few about today including one without a tail (wonder if its the one I saw sometime a go?).

What puzzles me is that the churchyard can't really support that many so is there really a breeding population?  The place is heaving with traffic so can they get about? Bunhill fields is a mile or so as the squirrel scampers and of course a bit further a field there is Hyde Park, Green Park etc.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a survey on city squirrel populations??

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.