Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday

I was up early and over the Forest by 7 this morning. There are still two Great Crested Grebes on nests, I think there five Grebes this morning.

Lots of Blackcaps and there were Willow Warblers back.

It was a bit chilly first thing as well.



A bit of mist over the lake.


After lunch I headed to Rye Meads.



If I lift my leg up you can see I've been ringed




Oi stop looking at the Tufty, I can lift my wings!





I'll do it again!


Lots of flutters around.





I got to see a Little Rined Plover, heard a Reed Warbler, countless Blackcaps and Cetti's.

Oh and I saw my first young coot of the year!

5 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

It's definitely early morning "get up and go" weather... and long may it last!

Just love those Little Grebe shots and it's great to have the flutters back :D

holdingmoments said...

Isn't spring a great time of the year.
Lovely shots of the Little Grebe; I can never get close to those.

oldcrow61 said...

Another lovely lot of pictures. I love the one of the yellow and white flutter on the flower. What wonderful weather you're having.

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks all

Keith the Draper hide at Rye Meads - sometimes they come right in front!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Little Grebe! So cute.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.