Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

Where to? The weather looked like it wasn't going to last (it's currently raining).

I headed to the Forest, lots of birds singing but the only Warbler I heard were Chiffchaffs, I saw a pair of Stock Doves. There were 5-6 Grebes on the lake and some had paired up, the teals had gone. The highlights were Swallow flashing across the lake. Pity they didn't bring the sun.



I headed to the village/town of Coggleshall.







I wanted to look around Paycocke's a merchants house from the fifteenth century.




















4 comments:

holdingmoments said...

Nice selection Pete. I do like the look of the Woolpack. Very inviting.

Tricia Ryder said...

Some fascinating buildings there and Coggleshall seems to have a lot on offer. I like the interior of Paycocke's; the clock tower though dominates the surrounding buildings - wonder why it was built in that position

oldcrow61 said...

There's so much history in the old homes over there. Fasinating! The houses are just beautiful. I particularly like the painting with the jester.

Paycocke's House and Garden said...

Looks like you had a fantastic day! Love the photos of Paycockes! We have a blog too! only just started it but would appreciate the support!

http://paycockes.blogspot.com/

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.