Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Monday - Pinch me this can’t be England in April!

I awoke to ….. blue skies !!

Anyway for the second night in a row my eyes glazed over by 9:30!! Wow!!

I headed off to Langford Lakes. It’s a Wiltshire Wildlife Trust reserve and though small would make a nice local patch. Warbler singing (Blackcap, Chiffchaff, Sedge and Willow). 2 Grebe pairs one definitely on a nest and I felt sorry for one chap all alone on his lake. Hope he gets a mate.

Not vast numbers of birds seen but a walk with birds singing is always nice. They had a Little Gull yesterday mutters!!






I then headed to Lacock. You’ve seen it before. Oh yes every period drama seems to have it and I love to go back when it’s dressed up and the cars are gone. The village is owned by the National Trust and so it is kept to a pattern.

I hope you approve of my selection of B&W. In a couple of places the same/similar image appears in B&W and colour, opinions?
















The church of St Cyriac I’ve visited before.








Inside of old barn



I then went into the Abbey grounds had a pleasant stroll then found a seat and pressed on with my book. Idyllic!



























I had a nice vanilla ice cream to top off the day.

I’ve also discovered a new English wine from Wiltshire I think and I’ll stick this in the fridge for Jan.

I arrived home jumped in the shower and then checked my work email – MEGA SAD!!

As I type this the pub is about to open so a beer awaits! .

3 comments:

holdingmoments said...

More great pictures. You certainly had a really good trip, and so much to see.
I have to admit that I'm not a great fan of B&W pics., but I enjoyed these. They suited the subjects perfectly.

The Quacks of Life said...

I like B&W, I think you have to pick your subject though

oldcrow61 said...

If I ever come to England, I know who's going to be taking me around, lol. Wonderful shots once again Pete. Those flowers...sigh!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.