Wednesday, September 17, 2008

And Another thing....

For some reason Jane Belson the widow of Douglas Adams (can you be a widow if you weren't married??) has allowed a 6th book in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy to be written.

The book, to be called "And Another Thing.....", will be written by children's author Eoin Colfer.

I do wonder about the wisdom of this and what they hope to achieve. I'm sure there are any number of series we'd like continuations of but when the author dies I don't see the point (all though a final volume of the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan might be an exception!). Anyway as far as I'm concerned the Hitchhiker's Series worked much better as a Radio Series than it ever did as a book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must agree with your last statement, even the TV series was poor but radio - ah, radio, I love mine, all nine of them!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.