Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Saturday, May 04, 2013

South of the River

You know it's a bank holiday..... lovely weather all week and then come the weekend.......

Shall we start with this chap?


I thought you'd like to see somewhere different for a change so I headed South of the river with the sun shining. As I approached Junction 5 of the M25 a Red Kite flew over.....

I was a bit early so read my book before popping into Emmetts Garden and of course the clouds came over and there was rain.....




































On a good day I could have happily sat in the sun and read but alas that will be for another day.

There are a lot of nice properties nearby but as I had never been to Down House......

Down House was the home of Charles Darwin. It's not a great house but the home of a wealthy middle class Victorian it's a very liveable house.... English Heritage have used it to show Darwin's life and work quite well done. Alas no indoor photography.

It chucked it down when I arrived and then the sun came out weird eh!






lovely to see the fruit trees coming into blossom....








4 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful photos as always. I particularly like your black cat photo, you could flog that as an e-card.

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful photos Pete - lovely to see the bluebells starting to appear.

Very jealous of your visit to Down House!!! - I would so love to go there. Nice to see it through your photos though :)

Tricia Ryder said...

Down House looks interesting.. and good pics of it and gardens. Think I must add this to my 'to visit' list; and also Emmetts...looks like you had more sun than I did...

oldcrow61 said...

Wonderful pictures. The flowers and flowering shrubs and trees are fantastic. Things are just starting to poke up through the ground here.