Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Off on my travels 1

I was awake early this morning and sad muppet that I am I was downloading books before 5am!! More of what they are in a future blog!!

I decided to set off and get through the m25 early, I also got to see Red Kites over the M40. I was nice and early and so I thought a stroll through Bourton on the Water would be worthwhile, normally its packed with tourists but when I strolled through I had it to myself!

But there were observers.....









Aw bless


Adults look on!


Posey Chaffinch



and a Blackbird



And on to the National Trusts Coughton Court. It is the home of the Throckmorton's they were Roman Catholic recalcitrants (think that's the word). Which explains why there is an CofE and RC church in the grounds. I had Corgette and Corriander soup for my lunch.













































I indulged in a cup of tea and a lump of chockie cake :D

Bird highlights - Nuthatch, Swallow, Grey Wagtail, Buzzard and Red Kite.

5 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Oh my, I am impressed. These are the best pictures ever. Makes me want to be there. The little duckling is so cute. I want those two statues of women, lol. Wonderful stuff Pete. It's going to be hard to do better than todays pictures.

Ragged Robin said...

Great photos, Pete - that duckling is so cute.

I never thought I would see Bourton-on-the-Water without hundreds of tourists :D. Obviously pays to be an early bird :D.

Coughton Court looks impressive - have been trying to persuade the family to go there for ages. I will have to renew my efforts! Have a good day tomorrow.

Tricia Ryder said...

Great selection of pics and too many to comment on except...

just lurve the Chaffinch - it really zings!

The "open coffin like" sculpture (?) is really intriguing and..

the B&W really works well for the subject and is very calming.

The 2nd sheep is so entertaining...because it looks just a tadge bored

and peopleless Bourton... amazing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the photos. even the eyelashes are visable on the one ram and the scarecrow: how scarey. what's the bucket for?

The Quacks of Life said...

@anony - no idea!

@oc - a challenge!!

@t & rr yes lovely to see it without tourists (except me !). even in the heart of winter its packed normally. just needed the sun.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.