Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a lovely sunny day

as I popped my head out at 8:30 this morning the sun was shining, a blackcap was sat singing in the bushes by the car and a skylark was singing in the air! I went for breakfast!!

So I'm 7 miles or so from one of the finest RSPB reserves so.... I went to Somerleyton Hall. I decided that it would be full today at Minsmere so a weekday would be quieter.

My decision was vindicated when at 9:45 am a Barn Owl flew over the car!

Somerleyton is essentially Victorian a nice small house and garden.

I had a long sit in the sun reading. It was heavenly!






































On the way back I popped into Blaxhall (the village I'm staying in) Church.












Tomorrow I'm off to Minsmere.

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Small house??? You jest sir! lol. omg, the statues are wonderful. What I wouldn't give to have that "angel?" in my garden. I'm so envious of the flowers in bloom. They are gorgeous.

I would love to sit on one of those benches by the church. Looks very comforting a spot. Need I mention the skull in the church? In the box!! Great pictures Pete.

The Quacks of Life said...

all relative OC :D i liked the "angel" as well. the skull gues who I was thinking of !

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.