Kate has a meme on here blog where you have to pick 10 books "that have stuck to you".
The rules? Don't take too long to think about it!
1. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien - oh come on!! I could have gone for LOTR but I remember this from school the climb up the mountain stuck with me!
2. The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov - I had read other Asimov's but this was the one that made me wander into WH Smiths in Harlow and buy everything one lunch hour!!
3. Five Go to Smugglers Top by Enid Blyton - first book I can remember reading as a kid that wasn't a ladybird book!
4. England's Thousand Best Parish Churches by Simon Jenkins - you do read this blog right? :D
5 The RSPB Handbook of British Birds by Peter Holden and Tim Cleeves - see 4 :D
6. The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - There is something about Holmes and Watson that I keep coming back to. The game is afoot!
7. The Lensman Series by EE Doc Smith - ok its rubbish but the sense of wonder Smith evokes as the scale becomes more Galactic is something I still remember from my teenage days.
8. Magician by Raymond Feist - I am sorry but I used to LOVE big fat fanstay novels. This one gets reread every few years.
9. Alexander on Chess by CHOD Alexander - I was a keen chess player and this was my first book. I still like Chess and wish I hadn't stopped playing at Club level.
10. Watership Down by Richard Adams - altogether down Bright Eyes burning like fire....
Oh god there are books that really should be in there!