Sunday, February 25, 2024

Finchingfield

I seem to have gone AWOL!! Sorry about that! I'll probably mow bombard you!

Anyway I wandered to Finchingfield today. I had a shock when it looked like one of the tearooms had closed but it appears to be for refurbishment.



The bridge is scheduled to be rebuilt to much local opposition! A new bridge woulc accommodate bigger lorries abd alliw for more traffic i guess. I'm not certain when this will be but it is closed for three days in March. I'm assuming this isn't the rebuild. 

I also noticed a new development on the edge of the village. I guess it's a desirable place but I'd pass with all of those tourists like uh ... me!


I was really pleased to see the village sign gad returned. There are lots of good signs around here,












This Chapel is full of monuments to the Ruggles and Ruggles-Brise of Spain Hall. 



Curiously this window was full of old glass in the 1730s. No one knows why it was removed. It survived the reformation and the Puritans,










As ever nice to be back. It wasn't busy either!

3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

I always enjoy your visits here and I love that sign. I agree not sure if I would like to live in a village that gets a lot of tourists. Lovely photos.

The Wessex Reiver said...

It has been a very ling time since I've visited there, quite a special place. Looks like the rain has stopped too.

The Quacks of Life said...

RR - thank you :)

WR - thankfully it stopped but one of the roads was flooded! I assume we won't get a drought

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.