Sunday, February 04, 2018

Friday - Dad & Saffron Walden

So Friday was the day Dad was  due to come home and the day the prerequisite stair rail was to be fitted. The chap phoned to say he would be over at 10:30. The hospital phoned to say he was coming but not sure when, I was able to tell them 10:30.

At 10:30 he arrived and at 11:10 he was gone.

I duly set off and went to Saffron, as I was picking him up at 2 I went to Costa for lunch (I have been in virtually every day for 2 weeks and this was my last visit). So with time to kill a walk around Saffron Walden.





















I waited outside the ward at about 1:50 and sir was hovering around the entrance with his frame.... apparently they were sorting out drugs.

Anyway off we went Sir walked to the car with his frame but got into the car unaided. We were both nervous as we drove back.....

I opened the front door and went to help in but he just walked straight in (first solo walking for 4 weeks) and walked up the stairs to the loo!!!!

My father is not an optimist but he admits that he is better than he expected.

I'll be staying over til Thursday when he has a couple of appointments but to say I am a little relieved is the understatement of the century.

Oh and Mr I don't need a Smartphone posted this tethered to his!!!!!

3 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

So glad Sir is back home. Must be a relief. Sounds like he's doing well. I enjoyed the pictures by the way.

Ragged Robin said...

So pleased to hear your Dad is back home Pete. It sounds as though he is recovering well and should make good progress now back in his own home. Lovely photos of the town.

Tricia Ryder said...

Pleased Dad is so doing well..

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.