Saturday, April 01, 2017

Flatford and Paycocke's

It has been a nice today and I went to Flatford (well it's a new month so a new scone!), I went for a walk from Flatford to Dedham (well got to burn some carbs off!)





























taken shortly after Diego had made an attempt to jump into the river!! He landed about 6 inches from it! I got wet feet rescuing him!











Dedham church









So I headed back and stopped at Paycocke's a tudor merchants house in the village of Coggeshall. Thomas Paycocke was a wool merchant. Like a numpty I missed one of the rooms!! An excuse to revisit :)

Seen en route















The garden at Paycocke's s lovely..... one it is easy to sit in and read a book!














3 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Paycockes' garden looking lovely; tulips already.. no scones I take it....

Ragged Robin said...

Glorious photos of a lovely day out Pete. I love the Flatford Mill area posts - there always seems to be so much to see and Paycockes looks very interesting indeed :)

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks all

there were scones fruit looked shop bought cheese looked home made

RR - the walk is lovely ... :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.