Saturday, October 17, 2009

A walk in the Woods

I haven't been over the Forest in a while so off I went.

It was light of small birds at first may have had something to do with the Peregrine flying over! I did see my first Redwings of the year and lots of Jays and Mistle Thrushes.

There was an Owl calling at one point as I wandered around.

The lake was bird light a few teal, mallards and Canada Geese. Black Headed Gull numbers are up as they always are in winter.

There were a pair of Adult Great Crested Grebe



but this was the real little gem.








I did stop for a cup of tea and a bacon buttie and a pig in a poke.

And some trees....






I did pop into Bishops Stortford to raid Waitrose Wine selection (yes Jan a bottle of Chapel Down Bachuus in the cupboard - I'm having a Flint Dry tonight!!). The camera shop had a Panasonic GF-1 (a compact camera with a largish sensor) with 20mm f1.7 lens in the window. And no I never spent the £769. A little bit big but the price needs to come down :D

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Love the gnarled tree and the pink tinges of Autumn in the trees. Lovely to see the young Grebe though with it's stripey head - nice pics too :)

oldcrow61 said...

The gnarled tree is lovely. Great shots.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.