Monday, September 21, 2009

Strictly

I am not a big watcher of TV. I watch the odd documentary and a few dramas and I'll watch stuff like QI, Have I Got News for You and Mock the week.

I DO NOT DO REALITY TV....

well ok I watch Strictly Come Dancing (there is an American version called Dancing with the Stars) and I'm not sure why. There is something faintly nostalgic about it, a throw back to a bygone age? And no one is doing it to win millions.

I will admit that some of the female dancers are seriously FIT.





but overall its good wholesome entertainment. And the occasional pompous celeb getting there egos pricked is always fun.

There has been some controversy (who could forget John Sergeantgate).

This year one of the longterm judges, Arlene Phillips , has been replaced. The reason is to attract a younger audience, Phillips is in her 60's and her replacement Alesha Dixon is young and attractive. The problem is Phillips is vastly experienced coreographer whereas Dixon is a singer whose claim to fame is being a winning celeb on the show. The hardcore fans are up in arms about this claiming ageism and that Dixon doesn't have the dance knowledge to act as a judge. All hard to disagree with. Dixon's comments were a bit banale Friday and Saturday I thought.

Still the programme is great fun even if the public unaccoutably kept Joe Calzaghe (who was hopeless) and Lynda Bellingham out of the bottom two. And to compound it the judges saved the wrong one!! Some twitter friends of mine were outraged that their fave dancer was out!

8 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Couldn't agree more about the final result.

Interesting choice of video clips ;) I like the second one...

Dorothea said...

Fit in the biological sense. Of course.

Snowbabies said...

lol was very very funny, esp the twittering, so annoyed that our Mathew has gone!!

Debbie xx

The Quacks of Life said...

dorothea - of course!

avalon said...

You were right about Ola wearing something JUST !!!! bet your eyes were on stalks LOL
Wrong result!

St Jude said...

Well the only watching I'm doing at the moment is watching humming birds on my veranda. Beats the local TV.

oldcrow61 said...

Yep, the woman in the first video is indeed seriously fit. I couldn't see the second video because when I clicked to play what came up was..."This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions." I never watch reality shows but must say I did enjoy the first video.

The Quacks of Life said...

st jude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.