Sunday, July 19, 2009

Heading East

well time to move.

After breakfast I headed East. I stopped at the town of Chepstow which is just in Wales

It has a notable parish church that was not open on my arrival (an opening time was posted) so I headed off to the castle. I'd have loved to have seen these as they were when at their pomp, we have an amazing amount of heritage but it is scary what we have lost.











I strolled back and the church was open. It was a priory and has a couple of fine monuments.











And so to the famous Tintern Abbey the views along the road are pretty fine.












I found tonights pub and we'll finish with a couple of churches.


Penalt Old Church, I have to admit this was miles down a side road and was incredibly well sign posted with a number of hand written signs, the reason? a flower festival!














why did this make me go OC!!!!!!





St Nicholas Trelech.








1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

What wonderful old structures. The picture of the headstones with a deer no less peeking around the bush is so funny. Looking forward to your next trip.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.