Wednesday, October 01, 2008

still nice

Last night at 9pm I settled down to watch Have I Got Old News for You, next things I know it was 9:40 and Mock the Week was on and I my eyes were so heavy! So I turned the lights off and went to sleep. I woke at 7!!!

It was thick fog as I made a cup of tea but it had cleared after breakfast but just up the road it was back!

717 St Mary, Ripple











On to Eastnor Castle, the sun was blazing down it was gorgeous. The castle is well worth visiting and the views across the lake were delightful.














Mid-afternoon I went to Croome Park.

It was modelled by Capability Browne and you can see what it looked like before he started. He moved the village and demolished the church.


The park has seen better days, the RAF were there during world war II and the house has been a school. The church built to replace that demolished is now redundant (on my list and already ticked!).

Still the park is now in the care of the National Trust and Croome Court has been bought by a Heritage Fund and will be leased to the National Trust for 10 years. It reopens next year without furniture at first so over the coming years it will repay repeat visits to see how it has changed.

















No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.