Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's that time of year folks.

I like being outdoors. As you all know my regular hobbies involve me in being outside but there is a catch..... like about 20% of the population I suffer from Hayfever. I don't get it as badly now as I once did, but for the last few days I've had itchy eyes and the top of my mouth has been irritated. I'll have to visit the chemists tonight I guess.

Apparently a more effective treatment has been developed but is being denied to the public here because of cost.

This doesn't really affect me since I don't suffer that badly (a few packets of anti histamines a year), but some people do get it very badly. I can tell you my fairly mild condition can be pretty miserable so those who get it bad really have my sympathy.

I suppose as its not life threatening its easy to ignore Hayfever, but if you spend most of the summer with streaming eyes and sneezing every other minute it does detract from the quality of life.

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

It must be awful for people who get it bad. Hope you are feeling better soon Pete.

Mary said...

That's an interesting article about the drug for hayfever. I doubt it will ever be approved for use. All of those drug companies will lose a fortune on over-the-counter meds sales. So we will all suffer - some more than others. Allergies do take away from the quality of life.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.