Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Bourton House Garden and Chastleton

It is ruddy hot and tomorrow is meant to be worse.  I decided to not drive far and visit some old favourites both of which were a good candidate for avoiding the hordes.

Firstly Bourton House Garden. Which looked rather fine especially given the weather. Well I say first, I stopped in Moreton for a bottle of water!!





















There were 2 hummingbird hawkmoths?!



Now let's be honest I found a lovely chair in a shade and sat and read. I ate lunch, a nice mixed vegetable soup and headed on.

Chastleton gardens are dry !! I feel for the gardeners. My first job was to fill my water bottle!!















Again I found the only chair in total shade and read.

There was a hummingbird hawkmoth but it wasn't playing ball lol

I went back early and got a coke zero at the pub. Oh my room is relatively cool.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.