Monday, June 08, 2020

Ickworth

I awoke at 6:47 this morning. Which is long after I normally wake up :)

The National Trust has opened some of it properties on a pre-booked ticket basis. One of those Ickworth and I got a ticket for today.

Now at one point this morning I very briefly considered not going and it made me think that when this is all over there will be a lot of nervousness and trepidation. As soon as I was in the car and on my way the world felt a little more normal.

I arrived 4 minutes early for my time slot, apparently quite a few people were precise with their earlyness :)

The main toilets were locked only the unisex one in and one out were operative, all buildings were closed but the garden and wider estate were open.


















I got to the walled garden. My friend Stuart had made some Cheese & Herb scones from the NT scones book and gave me some yesterday. So I sat eating "NT scones" in a National Trust property.







There was a Reed Warbler singing in the reeds and a Reed Bunting perched across the lake.



Sheep!













Hello a Garden Warbler.... record shot alas.... light was awful.














The sun was coming out... so I headed back to the coffee trolley, picked up a coffee from the very chirpy NT young lady and went to the front of the house to sit on the grass and drink it with a scone. BLISS






I wandered into Lady Geraldine's walk





I found a seat and listened to the birds. I could have done with the 100-400 ;)



There was a family of Great Spotted Woodpeckers





It was a lovely day  and quiet. We may not be near to normality but a small step back and good for the soul.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

So lovely to be able to go to a NT property - it looks lovely and quiet there Pete. What a great idea to take the scone with you :) You had the right idea to go - because I am nervous here at the thought of going anywhere after being cooped up in the house and garden for so long.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.