Sunday, November 17, 2019

Rye Meads and Thaxted

I wasn't sure what to do today. I decided to go to Rye Meads but it was a bit misty when I arrived.


There were Redwing in the hedges and a female Blackcap.

Amongst the many teal, shoveler etc was a lovely Male Wigeon



There were 2 adult mutes and 3 juveniles.... they took off and this chap thought nope and came straight back the rest flew off then flew back over but he stayed put.




On my stroll there were plenty of  Blue, Great and Long Tailed Tits in the bushes and in the reeds.

3 Ring Necked Parakeets flew over and later 4 more. A first for me there.

There was a very distant Bittern! And lots of Snipe





So after lunch I went for a stroll around Thaxted. I haven't been for a while...


















It is amazing how many planes flew over.








1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Super photos Pete. Love all the birds at Rye Meads and Thaxted including the church looks a wonderfully interesting place :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.