Sunday, November 18, 2018

Rye Meads

I haven't been to Rye Meads in ages....  primarily as I haven't had a birding lens. I still haven't but Trish is off on holiday and as she flew from Stansted she left her lens here and I got to play with it today.

As you would imagine it was quiet... highlights being a Green Sandpiper and a Great Spotted Woodpecker! Birds were mostly distant.

Teal






Little Grebe


Teal




Coot


Magpie


Gadwall


Shoveler



WOW ! Dragonflies! in November!!



Teal




Coot


What do you think? Given I had a few hours with it and I've never used the lens or used this camera  for birding I'm actually quiet pleased with the results!

And I will admit it was lovely to wander around Rye Meads again.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

You should be pleased - some wonderful photos :)

The Wessex Reiver said...

I hope Tricia doesn't know you borrowed her lens... great pics though :-)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.