Thursday, December 31, 2015

And the year ends.


And so to 2016......

The church list will continue to be slow.... I have 3 UK visits planned and I'm not visiting new places so a few waifs and strays will get picked up. Still I got the list to 831 this year but if I get beyond 840 I'll be in shock!

The bird list is equally pathetic. I tend to stay local and even that isn't as much as it should be......

I have 3 Foreign Holidays planned.
  • Verona and Florence
  • Madrid 
  • Lucca and Bologna

Two of these are  revisits but were planned as good bases for day trips to other cities.

The three UK holidays are:
  • a week split between South and North Devon (to be honest only way I can finish my Devon church list)
  • a week in the lake district (and I am going to have to try and nab all the churches I need - research opening times!!)
  • a week split between Cheshire and the Peak district.

Obviously the Devon trip will have very few places you haven't seen before but I might take a trip on a steam train and do the boat to Greenway again. I tend to go to South Devon mostly so the North Devon trip will be different. Indeed I've not been to North Devon since the Trust allowed internal photography........

National Trust properties will of course feature high on my list. Indeed the Cheshire trip came about as on twitter a National Trust property, Little Moreton Hall, asked when Mr Quacks would be visiting!!!! I kid you not.  So expect visits to Little Moreton Hall, Biddulph Grange Garden, Qaurry Bank, Speke Hall, Sizergh Castle, Gawthorpe Hall, Acorn Bank, Dunster Castle, Arlinton Court and Eyam Hall to appear a few of those I've never been to so that will be good.

Looking at the properties I wanted to get to this year I did pretty well, so fingers xed!

A happy new year to you all....!

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Sounds like another lovely holiday year :) You will love the Lake District (its just perfection especially away from the touristy bits!). Grasmere village is nice and the church there interesting - plenty of Wordsworth stuff there! John Ruskin's house Coniston is good too. Now you've made me want to return!! So miss our hols there. Sorry can't help much with church opening times as I wasn't into church visits so much when we used to go. Church at Grasmere usually open though.

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Tricia Ryder said...

... lots to look forward to... Have a happy one with lots of sunshine..

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.