Thursday, February 02, 2012

Music on a cold day

It has turned a tadge chilly, I keep expecting to open the curtains to find snow!!

Still I was off today and was off to the LSO St Luke's to see the Nash Ensemble.

The programme was:
Mendelssohn Theme and Variations in E & Scherzo in A minor Op 81 Nos 1 & 2 from Four Pieces for String quartet
Brahms Clarinet in B Minor

This was a lovely concert, the Mendelssohn was relatively short but like all Mendelssohn very easy on the ear. The Brahms is a major piece of chamber music and was sublime, the interplay between the musicians was lovely to watch but especially hear!

Curiously the concert finished a little early and I fully expected an encore. For some reason the audience seemed a bit subdued. Me? I loved it!

1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

and I couldn't agree more... it was a great concert and all beautifully played.. I agree too about the interaction of the musicians... very much a team..

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.