Saturday, September 17, 2011

Getting There - The Courts

So off to Wiltshire. Obviously we left relatively early and found the cottage we were staying at. However we couldn't get in until 3 so where to? I decided we'd go for a stroll around the Courts - the only problem is that the tearoom is lovely and I was with my Dad who has this strange value for money thing (my Mum would have been racing to the cakes with me :D ).


The gardens were looking lovely and though the weather had a few light showers we had an enjoyable stroll. My 82 year old father scrumpted an apple. I hope the National Trust will forgive him!






Butter wouldn't melt.....




Ooh so tempting


















The Westbury White Horse

5 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Love the Courts and the tea room... wonderful character that shows you to your table .... :D

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful olde worlde looking gardens there, Pete. Those apples did looking tempting - no wonder your dad went scrumping!

Ragged Robin said...

ps - love the white horse!

Yoke, said...

Your dad is a vry handsome man, Pete. And I can hardly believe that he'd be 80+!

I'd have gone for one of those apples too.

(If I'd been able to reach them, of course..)

The Quacks of Life said...

yoke - guffaw! When I spoke to him earlier he felt 112 :D

thanks for the kind words folks :D

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.