Tuesday, December 07, 2010

It's the Dogs!

As you may know proper beer (Bitter) have some unusual names.

For example you can get Old Speckled Hen and Bishop's Finger.

However I came across a rather good one today. We went out for a team lunch, as we lent on the bar to choose a drink (I had a diet coke!) I noticed one of the beers was called The Dog's Bollocks - I kid you not! It's brewed by the Wychwood Brewery in Oxfordshire.

I rather like the idea of walking into a pub and asking for a pint of Bollocks and for once you wouldn't get a gassy lager!!!

3 comments:

holdingmoments said...

And I can vouch for its taste; very nice it is :)

Janine said...

Too funny. Rich has a favorite that is brewed locally and called "Monk in the Trunk"
:)

avalon said...

The cornwall one here is " Cornish Knockers" LOL

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.