Saturday, June 13, 2020

Aubrey Buxton and a local stroll

Next week will be a little busier.

So where to today? The sun was shining and I haven't been to the Aubrey Buxton nature reserve in years!!

It is a small reserve managed by Essex Wildlife Trust. It was once a wildlife and pleasure park to Norman House, the reserve was donated to Essex Wildlife Trust by the late Lord and Lady Buxton in 1976. Bird wise I think the best time to visit is April/May and it was a little quiet, though listening to birdsong like Blackcaps is great. I think the first bird I saw was a Red Kite.








Still the ponds had a mallard family and young moorhens.






















It was a lovely walk.

So I got home and my step count was low so headphones on I headed out.



A proud Mum :) The youngsters are really growing up.









Good day!

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Aubrey Buxton looks a super nature reserve. Lovely butterfly photos :)

The Quacks of Life said...

thank you.... it's a nice wander... I wanted to go somewhere different and quiet! it fit the bill :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.