Monday, July 22, 2019

Thoughts

It has been about 11 weeks since Dad passed away at first it felt odd being in his house without him whereas now I'm kind of used to it. I'm there as I type this.

It is odd when I think of him. For instance tonight I was cutting his grass I noticed that after years of being empty "Jonathan's house" had people in it and I wanted to tell him ... Jonathan is a childhood friend who moved away 45 years ago... Lololol

Other times I realise he's gone is when I'd normally ring him and remember I don't have to worry I have no mobile signal... It's not the big chats I miss, we weren't big chatters anyway, but the little things.

I miss my Sunday lunch 😉 and Christmas will be odd as I'll be on my own. M&S and Waitrose here I come.

When cutting the grass I can hear him in hospital telling me I need to keep the garden tidy in case I had to sell the house.

Whilst hunting for a scrap of paper I found this... I've never knowingly seen it.


When he died his marigolds were in seed trays under old plastic, when I got around to uncovering them they had all died or so I thought.... Found tonight.


That made me smile...

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.