Monday, April 22, 2019

Rye Meads

So where to? I decided that any National Trust or English Heritage places would be HEAVING so stayed local.

So I went to Rye Meads yesterday so Amwell? Or maybe Fishers Green? Uh no I went to Rye Meads

In the car park the Kestel's swapped places in the nest box and the camera was in the boot!

I was rewarded though as two Little Gulls dropped in at the draper hide!


Also the Kingfisher flew through!




The great thing about spring is the season trail was open.... it has a number of guards :) There were 3 pairs! one of which was on nest.....and they were hissing!



There were lots of Blackcaps about!




I wandered along the trails bypassing the Kingfisher hide it looked packed. Nice to here Cuckoos calling two days running. There were lots of Reed Warblers who were refusing to play ball! I was rewarded with this Common Whitethroat.






Although there were Terns overhead the Tern rafts were smothered with Black Headed Gulls. At the Gadwall hide there was a distant Great Crested Grebe and this Wigeon!


And I was rewarded back at the car park!


1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A super set of images of some lovely birds Pete :) Having the same problem here trying to decide where to go to avoid the crowds and especially the Easter egg hunts!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.