Sunday, April 14, 2019

Lavenham Guildhall

The last few days have been stressful. I had to take Dad to A&E Friday as an infection in his toe had spread which is potentially serious. After 7 1/4 hours he had various tests and two lots of antibiotics via IV.

Yesterday it was 6 hours in ambulatory care as he was a water drip... now he has nurses coming in... I think the prognosis is positive but early days..

Anyway he is fine in himself so I wandered off to Lavenham Guildhall.









One of the more interesting estate agents offices.




I really must arrange to be in Lavenham when the Little Hall is open....






The cellar isn't always open, it can flood, and as has an exhibition on the history of Lavenham




Upstairs they show the Guildhall's use as a Bridewell and a Workhouse.

















The exhibition on the Railways and Lavenham








Part of my reason for going  is that Lavenham have a scone of the month (limited numbers) and it was a Hot Cross Bun scone.... pretty good.






Anyway I am now at Dad's ..... the nurse is in twice today so I'll stay to he goes..... and see him tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Such a beautiful and interesting town and super photos Pete. Glad to hear your Dad is home and I hope he recovers soon from the infection.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.