Thursday, April 12, 2018

Trelisick & Trewithen

I had a lovely meal with my friends Jan & Tony last night thanks to Jan for cooking :) and you'll be pleased to know my foot is fine today.

The weather was grey most of the day and I first went to Trelissick.

Trelissick is a famed garden in Cornwall I've been a few times over the years.































Lunchtime.... now I appreciate I am a miserable GIT about children but please can someone tell me I am wrong?

The cafe has an outside seating area which is paved with chippings and there were a lot of Children. One table had 3-4 women on it who were talking away whilst the Children where charging everywhere, at one point one of the kids picked up some of the chippings and threw them at his friends and some hit a diner.... the parents never noticed. They did pay attention when one of the kids but the kids still ran riot. Is it me or some parents absolutely awful?

As soon as they left it was much better. Ok the remaining children were noisy but I know I am a miserable git!



Just up the road is Trewithen. And unlike the NT there was no Easter Egg trail and no children SILENCE. Oh and the Pheasant wrecking the ticket office was hilarious!!




Although I love Red Squirrels I am a little bit sceptical of the above.... not so much the accuracy as to the fact when the Reds were prevalent they were blamed for many of the same issues as estates paid for them  to be culled. Are we really going to spend a fortune to eradicate all Greys ? I doubt it. TBH whenever we interfere we cock it up.... Grey's, Ruddy Ducks

I wish the Greys weren't here but they are and in fairness to the Grey in some places it is the only wild mammal most people will see and if it encourages people to love wildlife.....

Still I hope the little chap below soon gets his friend

The Squirrel was in an enclosure hence the rubbish photos
























1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Two more beautiful gardens and love the tame robin :) I would have felt the same about those children - some parents just let them run riot and take absolutely no notice of the mischief they are up to or to the noise they make :( When ours were little I was watching them every single minute when out on nature reserves or NT properties to make sure they didn't annoy others.

Grumpy old person I am I have kept well away from local NT properties and Easter egg hunts over the last few weeks! It is good they encourage children but only if the parents are responsible!! Gosh, I do sound a miserable person! :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.