Monday, December 12, 2016

Travel curiousities

As I was leaving the M11 yesterday at junction 12 I noticed three apple trees still with plenty of apples on them.

Now it wasn't the apples being on the trees that was the curiosity but why were there apples trees there at all?

I've noticed them in a few places along the M11. Were they really planted? I would find that odd. Are they just discarded apples from cars? Due to wildlife?

I have no idea but I find it odd to drive along and see a tree by the side of a motorway full of apples!

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

I've seen them in unusual places too - have always assumed they have grown from discarded apple cores that people have thrown from car windows.

Tricia Ryder said...

It's quite possible that birds eat the seeds when eating the apples, then they are 'dropped' else where...

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.