Monday, May 30, 2016

Not as planned

The weather was grey and cold more like March than end of May! I had no real plans I sorted of headed off. I was driving along the a120 towards Braintree (dual carriageway) when the car behaved strangely, either the road was very rough or I had a puncture! Luckily I was by a lay-by so pulled in. The rear passenger tyre was flat..... sigh

Annoyingly the car doesn't come with a proper spare but a space saver... these are designed to be used for approx 50 miles and have a 50mph/80kph speed limit... This is irritating but at least it isn't one of those stupid puncture repair kits!!

so I changed tyres drove to the next junction and headed back.....

Obviously I was driving a lot slower than everyone else and got the odd look. I turned off the dual carriageway as soon as possible as I drove through Dunmow there was a tyre place so I got a new tyre. The old one had a sizeable hole, wonder what I hit? A repair kit would never have worked.

That sort of put a damper on any plans so I just headed to Thaxted for a quick wander.


















some church gargoyles.




1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Sorry to hear of the puncture - you were lucky to find somewhere open to get a new tyre!

Lovely photos of the village - beautiful horses and great gargoyles :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.