Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Monday, August 03, 2015

Whitby Abbey, Whitby Church and Nunnington Hall

For some reason I have never made it to Whitby........





I could have walked down the 199 steps to the town but I guessed it might be full of tourists and I had come for one thing

821 St Mary, Whitby



looks more like a ship inside.....












much of Bram Stoker's Dracula was set in Whitby and you can't help but notice that big brooding Abbey!!















Again I could have headed into town but I fancied a lazy day so headed back to Nunnington Hall to sit about reading my book....

Mr Quacks a bit disappointed that there were no ducks on the river




I will admit to a bit of suspicion that the scone may have seen a microwave (I may be mistaken) but it was definitely tasty....


and earned the kudos....


Taking a pic of Quacks in an NT restaurant when you are 51 is a bit sad eh :)

Now Nunnington would be on no one's list of great Country Houses but it is a pleasant one and nice to visit with its pretty garden,

Cecil the Lion anyone??























Servants quarters!















Now this was a find!!




















Yup we enjoyed our day.

3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Ooh a Hummingbird Hawk-moth and you got a photo - nice :) Always wanted to go to Whitby - the Abbey looks very quiet - I would have been a bit nervous there and kept looking over my shoulder (Dracula!).

Nunnington Hall looks great apart from those animal skins and heads :( Are you still off to Stoneywell on Thursday?

Tricia Ryder said...

That's quite an ok pic of the hummer :) ... and the other pics are rather good too.. love all the abbeys...

Pete Duxon said...

stoneywell yup....

the skins well the times were different alas