Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spring has started

The weather forecast was for bright sunshine this morning and rain this afternoon, so no mucking around I was up and out!

So Amwell or Fishers Green? That was the question and somehow I found myself headed for the M11 so went to Hatfield Forest.......







As I wandered on with the sun on my back I realised Spring is really my favourite season and I love England in the Spring. As if to tempt me to travel to warmer climes this was the first of 8 planes in 20 minutes or so....


Local resident not impressed.


One of 5 Ryanair flights








It was all very pleasant but there were no migrants. The signs of Spring being calling Nuthatches, singing residents, drumming woodpeckers and a pair of Grebes with a nest they were further along from the shell house this year but there were another pair.


Look mate private conversation....ok...






I can't say I like the boats.




A few of these..





I wandered into Waitrose. I had intended to head to Audley End but with the sky clouding over headed home. But the rain held off so I went to Rye Meads where I soon heard then saw Chiffchaffs! So at around 12:30 Spring started!


I was very pleased to see a patch tick! Marsh Harrier!! Being mobbed by Gulls as it flew low over the reeds. I assume it is passing through.

This Mallard has no neck ring..



Blossom! lovely to see dad's tree is coming out as well late this year! quelle surprise



Charge!!





Not a bad day really. Dispiriting to see that one of the hides on the HMWT side has been removed due to persistent vandalism. Positive notes loads of Cettis!


3 comments:

Tricia said...

Lovely blue skies... and great to see blossom

Shame about the hide though..

Ragged Robin said...

Some nice photos there Pete :) You saw a good selection of birds - well done on first Chiffchaffs :)

oldcrow61 said...

Beautiful blue sky! Lovely shots of the birds. I love the swan photos in particular.