Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Sunday, April 07, 2013

Lambs .......................oh and some sculpture by Moore and Rodin.

So what have I done today?

Well I've bought a new car..... I don't think car salesman like me! They try to tempt me with gadgets and I just want the cheapest model ;)  He then asked me if I was excited at buying a new car .... uh no! a new camera or a holiday yes! but a car nah!

After dinner I went to the Henry Moore Foundation  at ......


I've been before but the reason was the exhibition of Rodin sculpture alongside Moore.















Ah the Burghers of Calais. I think this is the sculpture I photographed the other week by the Houses of Parliament. Given it is on load from the Royal Parks....























Caption Contest.....


























This is Rodin's Eve. Curiously it's a sculpture I know well as it is normally in Harlow's water gardens..... and has been for years.....















As we got to the car however .... PANIC where the f**k were my car keys...... I went to the shop and  they were there. Apparently I had left them in the car door....... excuse me whilst I hyperventilate...... calm!

Still a fine day the sculpture really works well at Perry Green and well worth a visit if you are in the area.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Rather cute lambs Pete :)

Really interested to see the Rodin and Moore photos. Read an article last week about it in "I" and, as I'm not likely to visit - too far! - your photos are next best thing :)

Glad a kind person handed in your car keys! I lost my house keys last week - dropped them in a carpark - doh!! But I was lucky too and someone had handed them in :)