Sunday, April 07, 2013

Lambs .......................oh and some sculpture by Moore and Rodin.

So what have I done today?

Well I've bought a new car..... I don't think car salesman like me! They try to tempt me with gadgets and I just want the cheapest model ;)  He then asked me if I was excited at buying a new car .... uh no! a new camera or a holiday yes! but a car nah!

After dinner I went to the Henry Moore Foundation  at ......


I've been before but the reason was the exhibition of Rodin sculpture alongside Moore.















Ah the Burghers of Calais. I think this is the sculpture I photographed the other week by the Houses of Parliament. Given it is on load from the Royal Parks....























Caption Contest.....


























This is Rodin's Eve. Curiously it's a sculpture I know well as it is normally in Harlow's water gardens..... and has been for years.....















As we got to the car however .... PANIC where the f**k were my car keys...... I went to the shop and  they were there. Apparently I had left them in the car door....... excuse me whilst I hyperventilate...... calm!

Still a fine day the sculpture really works well at Perry Green and well worth a visit if you are in the area.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Rather cute lambs Pete :)

Really interested to see the Rodin and Moore photos. Read an article last week about it in "I" and, as I'm not likely to visit - too far! - your photos are next best thing :)

Glad a kind person handed in your car keys! I lost my house keys last week - dropped them in a carpark - doh!! But I was lucky too and someone had handed them in :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.