Sunday, September 18, 2011

Well would you believe a patch tick.

After a lovely Roast Lamb dinner I headed to Rye Meads.

It was quiet! Oh don't get me wrong it was a lovely stroll but with the exception of a Cetti's Warbler it was quiet.

Thing's didn't get better though. Some idiot wondered if a distant juvenile Little Grebe might be a Black Necked Grebe!! ahem !! it was distant and the light made me..... blush

Still there were 2 Green Sandpipers, Lapwing, and 3 Snipe and this flew in for a pose.


if you look closely you can see its been ringed.

I strolled into the HMWT side and came across a flock of Long-Tails and amongst them was a male Lesser Whitethroat not something you see that often at Rye Meads and according to my records this was the first I've seen there!!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Well done on the Lesser Whitethroat.

Shame about the black-necked grebe:D!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.