Saturday, November 06, 2010

Arts & Crafts

I had somethings to do South of the river today so I arranged to meet up with Trish.

After the completion we headed to

786 St John, Clayton.

Which is pre-conquust(ie before 1066) and has some very old wall paintings.








I spotted this from the road.



So where to? I've not been to Standen in Years and Trish had never been there. It is very arts & crafts, designed by Phillip Morris and with interiors by William Morris & co. It's a house I could live in!



























Pumpkin soup for dinner. This chap was using the outside seats!







A different cat.




















A cup of tea and chocolate cake - well you have to - and then home! A lovely day.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

The paintings at St John are incredible and house and gardens at Standen beautiful. I especially like the library Nice to see some flower pics in November too.

oldcrow61 said...

Amazing wall paintings. I really like the library. I can somehow see myself with glass of port in hand looking through the shelves. And, that toilet, can you believe it, lol. Wonderful pictures all.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.