Thursday, March 08, 2007

Visits

I've just picked up the 2007 edition of Hudsons Historic Houses. Although my HHA, National Trust and English Heritage membership books cover much of the info, Hudsons (and I can't see a ' on the cover) has them all in one place plus the independents.

I have a few trips planned already for April. The weekend of the 14/15th April I've got some friends down and we are planning trips to The Tower of London and Eltham Palace.

The following Saturday (21st) i'm meeting some people at Rutland Water (anyone wishing to come is welcome). I'm up there Friday and Sunday as well so I want to visit a few places, looking at Hudsons I noticed that Lyveden New Bield and Kirby Hall are close together so I may fit those on to one of the free days.

There are also a few Churches in the area Langham, North Luffenham and Tixover in Rutland are all on my tick list as is Hallaton and Stapleford in Leicestershire. I'll also try for Belton Hall.

Expect plenty of pictures!

This weekend i'm going birding with Dave. Not sure of the agenda. It'll be determined by the quality of birds about vs can Dave get to his supposedly sooper dooper cafe.

3 comments:

nicola said...

Do you dream about ''''''''''''''s

You have a very busy april coming up, hope to be able to make rutland, but not sure which saturday im working as yet, will try and find out soon

Boo said...

I think I have finally caught up with your blogs. Leave Blondie and Nic alone! Chainsaw coming out :D

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to the pictures Pete. Sounds like a busy April - hope you keep writing.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.