Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Interesting wildlife website

I have added a link to the excellent Habitat News website. It is a website that contains lists all the news stories affecting British Wildlife and Countryside.

Current top stories include
  • Red Squirrels returning to Yorkshire,
  • the attempt to return the Marsh Fritillary Butterfly in Cumbria,
  • Abderdeen council's decision to cull Grey Squirrels (they will be "dispatched humanely with a quick blow to the head.")
  • two teenagers who allegedly drove up and down a road squashing migrating frogs.
I have to say the Grey Squirrel one depresses me a bit. I do understand the need to protect the reds but surely they could be moved hundreds of miles away. Suppose that costs too much money.

The frogs one depresses me more but I am not surprised. "Well nothing else to do is there" Morons.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Because Grey Squirrels are an introduced species, it's illegal to release them. That includes if you trap one from the wild - you can't let it out again.

The Quacks of Life said...

Ta Katie. I still think its daft.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.