Saturday, August 03, 2019

Rye Meads

I was having an eye test this morning and so I decided I'd go to Rye Meads.

This was a really good move! En route to the Draper Hide I saw a Cuckoo and when I went in to the Draper Hide there was a good selection of waders.

Firstly two Black-tailed Godwit's



Greenshank....





Common Tern


Tufted Duck with chicks




I didn't see a Kingfisher, others did.... Grey Heron was on the pylon.


I saw a WillowChiff.... Willow Warbler I think....

A Painted Lady! I understand there might be an invasion happening this year.



Little Egret




Lots of Little Grebe and Great Crested Grebe which is unusual there. There was a gull that I think was Yellow-Legged.... It seemed too light for a lesser black backed and its legs were VERY yellow.

Jersey Tiger Moth (this was with the phone).


As I left another Painted Lady!


Cracking visit!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Great bird and butterfly sightings and lovely photos :) At least I can now finally join you and say I have seen a Painted Lady or two!!! :) |Jersey Tiger was a good find.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.